Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Readings for July 30th, and trying to see what I can believe

I spent some time this week with "This I Believe". I think it is fabulous, and hope to be able to get students to use it, with the educators section. Now that I know how easy it is to record podcasts using Garageband, I may not be able to be stopped! I plan to add musical accompaniment, but with records playing in the background, after I figure out how to isolate the background noise. I have so many ideas!

There are applications galore for many english and social studies teachers, but I am not sure about the podcasting for biology. The links we read for calss about the former Secondary MAC students had educators in math and english, and although I am interested in what they have to say, and they are useful (and inspiring!), I am still wondering how I will apply biology and earth science content in a podcast. Perhaps with readings, animal sounds, ...? I know the ability to use images and video links will be of great help. Perhaps I can even have video demos in my podcast of labs, and how to do podcasts!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy - great ideas so far. I think podcasting could even been a great resource to remind students of what is coming up (and maybe parents, too). Sometimes I think we can explain verbally better than we can through text -- and, it might even give more of a "personal" feel. Looking forward to seeing how you use podcasts -- you sound excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a superb job with your podcast. It gave me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete